Thursday, December 13, 2018

New Jersey - Day 11

Clarksboro KOA
Tuesday, 11 December 2018

Very heavy frost overnight again.  The TV weather people said it feels like January.  Since I won't be here in January, I'm sure it's great to know what I'd be missing, but I'd have preferred to know about December.  Especially if it would have been warmer.

My hydraulic door opener is moving ve-r-r-ry slowly in this cold weather.  I wonder if people who have slides on their RVs have the same sort of hydraulics and, if so, if they have a similar problem.  I have to wait nearly a minute for the door to open all the way to let me and the dogs out, which seems excessive.  But I don't move as well in the cold either.

I saw the full turkey flock again in the woods near the RVs.  They show up early in the mornings and I'm starting to see them more often.  Nice.

Fortunately for my to-do list, it got much warmer today - up into the 40s and sunny - so it was much easier for me to make myself do things.  I took out the trash, dumped the waste tanks, did the laundry, took a shower, planned my itinerary for tomorrow - basically felt like doing something besides hibernate for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment