Monday, December 24, 2018

New Jersey - Day 24 - Christmas Eve

Clarksboro KOA
Monday, 24 December 2018

We got a little lucky today on the weather - a little rain this morning, and clouds and fairly strong winds during the day, but clearing skies toward sunset, which is nice.  The temps were supposed to get into the 40s today but, with this wind, the wind chill is in the mid-30s, making dog-walking not too pleasant.

I've mostly been catching up on my blog today, but I still need to do a few Christmas-prep things.  I found a pan that claims it will go in the microwave - it's silicone covered steel so it's got a firm shape with a flexible covering.   But I'm really nervous about that steel-in-the-microwave thing.

My problem is that I always make my mom's coffee cake for Christmas, but I don't have an oven here - just a microwave.  I found an online microwave coffee cake recipe and am adapting its instructions for Momma's recipe.  I need to put it together the day before and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight, so that's something that I still need to do today.  Hope that pan works because I don't want to ruin my microwave, or my Christmas morning.  And if it does work, it'll be a Christmas present to me.

I would have expected the campground to clear out as we got close to Christmas but instead, new people have come in.  There are 5 or 6 new RVs here that came in late yesterday.  One of them's from Louisiana.  Must be family that brought them north at this time of year.  Sure couldn't have been the weather.

Unfortunately, all these folks seem to have brought dogs, so when I took my dogs out earlier we could hardly find any road to go on that didn't have a pair of dogs already on it.  The sight of the other dogs gets Dexter way overexcited - I think he wants to run over and check them out like at day care - but I don't let him so instead he turns around and tries to wrestle with Gracie, which alarms the other dog owners because they think he'd have attacked their dogs . . . it's not a great situation.  Maybe they'll leave soon.

I hope tonight is a wonderful Christmas Eve for everyone and that peace will come to the earth.  I do hope that.

No comments:

Post a Comment