Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Connecticut - Day 7

Totoket Valley RV Park
Wednesday, 7 November 2018

Today we've got lots of sunshine.  Yea.  Despite the great viewing weather, though, I spent the day at the RV park.  I've been increasingly desperate to get some laundry done and just haven't had the chance to use the machines here or find a laundromat somewhere else.  (This place has washers and dryers, but no showers.  Go figure.)

It rained really hard late yesterday and overnight, so there was plenty of water on the ground (thank goodness for my rubber boots), but the sun helped dry things up at least a little.  I think it was supposed to be up to the 60s today, but the wind's been blowing pretty strong, and the wind chill makes it feel a lot colder than that.

I decided to let the dogs stay outside for a while on the long leashes - till Dexter managed to get himself wrapped around the bushes behind the RV and even Gracie got wrapped around the picnic table, so I brought them inside.

But I did manage to get the laundry done - yea! - and the dog beds shaken out and the floor swept and the windows cleaned (that was a serious project, with a week's worth of grime and mud on them).  So now I feel better about dealing with whatever comes next.

Both dogs go to day care tomorrow.  Just for half a day, and I'm not sure what I'll do with myself for that time.  But I've seen very little of the state yet, so I'm sure I'll find something.

You know, I keep saying everything's far apart here, but I think that's not what my problem is.  In Rhode Island, I could drop Gracie off for a half-day at day care, and there were plenty of places for Dexter and me to go and still be back in time to get her.  I would never have dreamed of trying that in the other states I've been in, but that's what I've been trying to do here in CT, and that's not working. 

I guess this is why neither of the dogs has gotten day care before RI - distances just make it not possible and still see other things.  I think I'm going to need an attitude adjustment.  But I also think what I need to adjust to will depend on whether they both do well tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment