Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Connecticut - Day 27

Mystic KOA
Tuesday, 27 November 2018

This was one of those days that have to happen but you wish there was a way around it.

We were already below a quarter tank of propane again, thanks to all this cold weather, so I had to get refilled.

I had to dump the sewage tanks because it had already been more than a week.  I knew they probably weren't full but didn't want to leave the sewage sitting too long.  Both those tanks have heating elements underneath that run off the cabin electricity, so at least I don't have to worry about them freezing before I can get them emptied.

I stripped my bed so I could wash the sheets, and that meant I had 2 washer loads to do.  That took several hours because I had some heavy sweatshirts and towels and things that took a while to dry.

And I took a shower so I could be as clean as my clothes and sheets.

Time out here and there to walk the dogs.  Thank goodness it's a Tuesday, one of the 2 days of the week when campgrounds tend to be the emptiest (Wednesday's the other), so I didn't have to worry as much about running into other dogs and felt more comfortable about going for longer walks.

Just one of those days where I felt really pooped by mid-afternoon.  I'd have made a lousy pioneer woman.  (Really - the contrast between boiling water over a fire and scrubbing clothes in a wash tub versus today's washers and dryers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment