Sunday, November 25, 2018

Connecticut - Day 25

Mystic KOA
Sunday, 25 November 2018

It was really nice being able to decide when to get up this morning without considering whether I needed to walk the dogs.  In fact, I've hardly set foot out of the RV since Lily and I got back yesterday.

And since it was pouring down rain with very strong wind gusts all during the night until about 7:00 this morning, I was absolutely delighted not to have to be walking the dogs in that weather.

I found this special cat bed - I think it's called a Kuddle Kup (ghastly name) - here in North Stonington at a grocery store, of all places, that I used to have back in Olympia (WA) for my cats and haven't seen since.  All 3 of my cats loved that thing and pretty much wore it out.  So when I knew I was adopting Lily, I grabbed the grocery store one, and today I was glad I had.
She completely ignored it for 2 days, and then - as you see - she adopted it wholeheartedly.  It's actually supposed to have the edge folded down like a cuff to form a little bowl, but I opened it up like this because that's the way my other kitties had preferred it, and I guess that was the right thing to do.  Once she moved in, she's hardly left it.

Thankfully, I can report that she's become friendly with the litter box.  I don't know what it's going to be like when the dogs come back, but I think letting her have these days on her own for orientation was absolutely the right decision.

I actually left the RV this afternoon to wash the dog bedding, which I don't think I've done since summer.  A lot of laundries have signs saying don't wash dog beds, so I've been discouraged.  But I'll leave the beds unclad tonight so they can air out some more, and the covers are now amazingly clean to match the dogs that will be much cleaner (I hope).  It might all last as much as a few days, who knows?

I cleaned the bathroom and washed the dishes - it's been that kind of day.  Lily has been sleeping and getting used to the new noises and routines.

I found a Banfield up in East Hartford that can fit us in late tomorrow morning.  I've discovered that not only does Lily need a microchip, she desperately needs to have her claws clipped.  I've got the clippers, but there's no way this cat is going to allow me to do hers so early in our acquaintance. 

I've already been scratched a few times, but I'm much more concerned with my seat covers.  She's already been putting some holes in them because when she thinks she's going to jump and puts her paws out, her claws are so long she has trouble retracting them and then she starts tugging to get them out of whatever they're stuck in ... I'm not willing to let her tear up my RV just because I'm afraid of being attacked.  So I'll pay somebody else to risk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment