Sunday, September 9, 2018

Massachusetts - Day 7

Northampton KOA
Friday, 7 September 2018
today's route
I'm back at the previous KOA because I've now stayed at them so many times they're giving me a free night.  Can't argue with that.

I took these photos at last night's campground.  I've been seeing a lot of fungi at the different campgrounds, but these struck me as being more unusual that others I've seen.

When I passed back through Monson on my way to Springfield, I noticed this art I missed when I went through yesterday.  Pretty special, don't you think?
Right next door is a building called Memorial Hall, erected in 1884.  That Civil War soldier on top is, in my opinion, an example of a real memorial, unlike those statues that didn't go up until the 1920s or so.
I've finally been able to see Massachusetts license plates in their own habitat, so to speak, rather than in every other New England state.
I've learned from listening to the radio that Amherst is pronounced without the "h": AM-urst.

I also learned that Lyme disease (spread by a particular kind of tick) comes from Connecticut.  Don't know why that hadn't occurred to me before.  It was first recognized in kids from the Lyme neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment