Monday, April 30, 2018

Pennsylvania - Day 30

Lackawanna State Park
Monday, 30 April 2018

There was, in fact, a little flurry of snow today, but I could tell nothing was going to stick, and sure enough it didn't.  But I'd already decided I needed to spend the day catching up before I moved to another state.

Mostly I made some changes to previous entries, since I'm making this up as I go along.  In another state or two I'll have come up with a formula I'm comfortable with.

I also wrote a summary of my impressions of my month here, to be posted separately.

I got a great email today from a woman I met several weeks ago at Laurel Hill State Park.  She and her husband are from New Jersey, and they were bravely driving a Mini and camping in a tent.  It was way too cold for me to want to consider that, but they seemed to be pretty well set up.  Anyway, she took a photo of my RV that night and has sent it to me.  Isn't it great?
This is one of those "taken with an i-phone" moments.  You can even see the stars.  I love this picture and am very grateful that she thought to take it and to send it to me.

I've also taken a look at a New York map and my list of things I might want to see there, and I've got reservations for the 1st 3 nights.  I think the tourist season may be delayed because of the weather, but pretty soon it's going to be hard to get reservations anywhere.  But I'm set for now, and that's what I want.

1 comment:

  1. Kate -- That is a great photo of your camper at night! You need to add it to the top of your blog somehow ... if that is possible. It is a great representation of your next 4 1/2 years! :-) It sounds like you are having a wonderful adventure!!

    ReplyDelete