Saturday, April 21, 2018

Another Erie day

Erie KOA, PA
Saturday, 21 April 2018

I worked my way through a to-do list today.  Cleaned the windows inside and out for the first time in ages - it's amazing what you can see out them when they're not coated with dust and Dexter's contributions.  And while I was at it, I wiped down the cab from all the accumulated dust and pet debris.  Swept the floors 3 or 4 times (it's incredible how much Gracie sheds) and aired out the dog beds.  Cleaned the bathroom.  Tidied the cabin.  Just generally tried to make the place easier to live in.

I also did the things I usually do when I'm leaving services for non-services, because I don't have places to stay for the next couple of nights.  Yesterday I got propane and groceries and wine.  Today I filled the water tank and charged all the various devices (my sockets don't work unless I'm plugged in or have the generator running).  Took a shower.  Tomorrow on my way out, I'll dump the grey- and black-water tanks.

I'm trying to decide what I'd like to see and what might be possible to see (given the weather) in the next few days.

My current plan is to drive down to Pittsburgh tomorrow, which is only a couple of hours drive, so I'll take a side trip to the largest natural and manmade lakes which are less than an hour from here and almost next to each other.  

Monday I'll go to Harrisburg, a trip that will probably take me 6 or 7 hours - it's just over 200 miles, but it's through the mountains which I expect to creep through, and I'm certain there're a couple of construction delays on the road, plus I need to stop periodically for all of us to stretch.  So maybe 8 hours.

Tuesday I'd like to see the capital and drive around Harrisburg a little, which I didn't do last time I was here, and then I'll drive back west to a state park near Altoona.  We'll see how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment