Saturday, March 31, 2018

Hagerstown KOA, MD


Hagerstown/Antietam Battlefield KOA, MD
Saturday, 31 March 2018

In Lewes before I left this morning, I saw a sign for “Tootsie Poop Service.”  I swear.
lAlong the roadways in Delaware, I saw sometimes whole fields of a purple groundcover I don’t think I’ve seen before.  Lots of it.  It was really pretty.

After I was just past Washington DC the road started climbing – an actual mountain.  Well, the east coast version of one.  A sign said South Mountain 1200’.  And I saw a few more in the distance.  It was nice to see some elevation again.

This park is a little odd.  Nice people, as all KOAs seem to have.  But the roadways are incredibly muddy.  I’m sure they had some weather event, probably last night, but I’d think they’d have planned for that.  Many of these RVs are really big and heavy.  I walked the dogs around the park (Gracie nearly came unglued because some kids were playing with a ball) and had to work really hard to find a non-deep section of mud to walk through in some places.  Not going to be a nice walk during the dark.  Maybe I should wear my rubber boots.

Those of us who do lots of crossword puzzles have heard of Edy’s ice cream, even if we’ve never lived where it’s available, as I haven’t.  So I thought to look for it in the last grocery store and they had it.  It’s actually really good ice cream.

Now that my bed’s remade and the time is here, I’m excited about what this trip will be like.  I’ve already figured out I can’t see everything I want to see, not having either the time or the money for it.  Did you know it costs $25 to take a tour of the Crayola factory?  I’m not going to pay it, but too bad.  But there’ll still be lots to see I’ve never seen, and I’m looking forward to talking with residents to see what they think’s special about their state.

It’ll be interesting no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment