Sunday, March 11, 2018

Gold Head Branch State Park


Sunday, 11 March 2018
Mike Roess Gold Head Branch State Park, FL

Amazing hospitality from Karen and Bobby.  They offered me a water source, electricity, laundry, shower, bathroom, kitchen, wonderful location among the pines and dogwoods and other trees for the dogs to lie out in and the RV to park.  Karen chauffeured me to a bunch of stores to find what I wanted and, this morning, found the Weather Channel for me to see what may be lying ahead.

And it looks a little grim.  That 3rd nor’easter seems to be sweeping across the whole state of New York, which is where I wanted to start my state-by-state trip April 1.  I had expected there might be some snow in the Adirondacks in April, and maybe some in the Buffalo and Niagara area.  But right now, it looks like almost all the state is going to get a serious dumping.  There are still 3 full weeks to go before April so there’s hope yet, but I’m starting to work on Plan B, which would be skipping the entire east coast and starting on the April state for next year, which would be Pennsylvania.  Of course, PA is getting snow too, but it doesn’t look like it’ll be nearly as wide-spread, so I’m thinking it’s a real possibility.

I still have to get beyond the repair stage, and I won’t know what that’s likely to entail until probably Wednesday.  I’ll just have to wait and see.

The weather’s been beautiful in this northeastern part of Florida for the last several days, but a bunch of rain has been forecast to begin this afternoon.  In fact, I’m sitting outside right now and thinking it might be time to move inside.  I enjoy rain, but I’m not real thrilled about the prospect when I’ve got a leak in my roof.

If it’s not one thing, it’s another.  But otherwise, we’re all well and relatively happy (I’m happy, the critters are relative).

No comments:

Post a Comment