Thursday, March 8, 2018

Blue Springs State Park

Thursday, 8 March 2018
Blue Springs State Park, Florida

Interesting drive up here - strong crosswinds; road construction for about 40 miles including all of Orlando, where traffic is never light; at least 18 vultures by the roadside - must have found a dead deer, something large enough to support so many of them, amazing sight.

Very popular park, even in the middle of the week in March.  Turns out it's the winter home to more than 200 manatees, though they may be moving on now that winter's moving on.

After I stopped and took care of the first 5 of my top 6 priorities, I started trying to locate someone who can do the service on the leak in my shower.  Turns out that's a problem because it has to be done by a Thor dealer (apparently it's a national law) and there are several in Jacksonville but they all need to have it at least overnight, apparently needing that much time to get approval from Thor to do the work.  Overnight's not good with 2 dogs and 2 cats.  I really need to get it figured out, though, because there's probably going to be weather ahead.

A leak anyway can result in mold problems, which I really don't need.  But I heard on the radio that a 3rd nor'easter may be fixing to hit the east coast.  Which is where I'm about to be.  It's an Arkansas Traveler thing - my roof doesn't leak when it doesn't rain - but I have a feeling it'll start raining if I keep heading the way I am now.

Maybe instead of going up to South Carolina on Sunday, I'll plan to stay over a couple days in Jacksonville.  Maybe that dealer can accommodate me like the one in Alvarado did.  It's after 5:00 now but I'll call him back in the morning to ask some more questions.

Now it's time for me to take care of priority #6 - my drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment